14.12.05

The final countdown...

...Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Stimulants

So. Basically, there are 25 hours standing between me and my last final, the conclusion of this semester. This is the final push. I am going to blog once an hour, every hour, between now and then. Really, this is for my own amusement and nothing else. However, I'll keep each update in this entry, for convienience. (I have no idea how to spell that word.) I had a plan to start the day, but it's already gone off track, because I spent extra time in the cafe this morning drinking coffee and reading psych. But that will take time off the reading I planned to do later, so it all works out. Also, as an added bonus, at the bottom of the entry, I'll keep a running tab of how many cups of coffee/cans of energy drink I've consumed for the day and the soundtrack for utter madness. (Mom, you might want to stop reading here.)

11:07 a.m.- So, I just got out of the shower, my first in...let's not talk about it. Next on my agenda is selling my books back at SBS and going to 7-11 (for red bull and stuff to make cookies), but going out into the sub zero temperatures with wet hair is asking for it. So, I'll clean up until I dry. I'm currently brewing more coffee, but I have this to say: MSU's "Super Strength Double Brew" (which reminds me of super-secret double probation) is literally, a combination of motor oil and crack. It's thick, strong, dark and chock full o' caffeine.

12:10 p.m.- Esspresso Royale coffee>my coffee > The cafe's coffee. I have so much laundry. And so much trash. And I've never appreciated living so close to Grand River before. Off to SBS and 7-11! (I'm going to make cookies as a Merry Christmas/Happy End of the Semester/ CHILL OUT Here's a Cookie! present for my friends. Provided I get enough $$ from selling back my books to cover supplies and a 4 pack of sugar free Red Bull) Finally-My "Ambistudy" playlist owns you.

1:16 p.m.- Good news: I got $71.25 in exchange for my books. Add to that the one psych book I'll be able to sell tomorrow, and I'll have enough to by Christmas presents. Bad news: I can't sell back my most expensive book ( The Essential Cosmic Perspective ) because I have an instructor's edition. Maybe I will sell it to Nicole, I think she's taking that class next year. Further bad news: My quest for ready made cookie dough was foiled. Oh well. If you've been keeping track:I've had five cups of coffee so far. Wired. Next stop: Library AV library to listen to recordings of Bertie Karon's THRILLING lectures.

3:03 p.m. - Just got to the library and just made it under my 1 hour deadline. Wasted some time talking to Josh (Whom I love and adore and miss. And I only say that because I know you're reading sweetheart.) OMG listening to lectures soon. Kill me. No longer so wired, but I just cracked open a can of Red Bull.

4:05 p.m. - Well, all the listening booths were full, so I've spent the past hour reading and taking notes on Models of Madness As Nicole would say, get excited. I'm going to break for coffee, then go check back at the AV library. I'm probably going to be here for a long, long time.

5:21 p.m. Listening booths? Still full. However, I've gotten through almost all of the reading for this exam. Problem is, the AV library closes at 11:30, I could do this reading stuff all night. If I still need to listen tomorrow, I can always come back early and do it before the exam. (This would mean I get to sleep tonight, hurrah!) The snow outside the west entrance here is so full of cigarette butts and empty packs, it's ridiculous. Ordinarily, I'd bitch about people being too lazy to use the ash trays, but they are all full. For those of you keeping track at home, I'm up to 9 cups of coffee and 1 Red Bull. EDIT: BAH. I'm pretty sure I got a 3.0 in my ISP class. My prof still has to adjust our clicker points for the days we were allowed to miss. If I had gotten 2 more questions right on the final, I would have had a 3.5. I'm literally like 1.5% off from a 3.5. Maybe I figured my grade out wrong. We'll see.

6:26 p.m. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have listening booth. If I can't get everything that I need in the next 5 hours, fuck it. That's all. Dammit, I WILL 4.0 this exam and this class.

7:16 p.m. I have no idea how to work a tape player. Also, these tapes are totally fucked up and really not all that useful. Well, the first one was, the last couple have been duds. And this is why I missed so many lectures in this class-It's hit or miss on whether or not there's going to be any useful information. My caffeine buzz is totally gone, but I only brought 1 Red Bull and I'm not buying another coffee. Essentially, the next time I update I might be home. I might be here. WHO KNOWS.

8:16 p.m. And, I'm back. Five and a half hours at the library is pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. It's absolutely freezing and it also started snowing during my seclusion on the fourth floor. The best part about walking home? See the parking space stalkers at Kresge get all excited because they thought I was going to my car when I cut across the parking lot. Not so! (For those of you who don't go to MSU-Kresge is the museum right across the street from the library. The library proper has no real parking, so people camp out in the close parking lots waiting for people to leave.) I sent an e-mail to Hot Russian TA Anatol Tolchinsky, so he can answer my remaining psych questions. One of the reasons I'm studying so intensely for this exam is that there was no review session this time. The past two exams, Anatol (who loves me) has held a review and answered all the things I wasn't in class for/didn't read. Can number 2 of Red Bull, and time to engage in a little relaxation-either with Jenny and Steve, or alone.

9:44 p.m. - Hangin' out with Steve, Jenny, Spence and Ross. Very caffinated. and COLD. I keep my room at freezing temperatures because I am always hot, but right now I am freezing and I can't turn my heater up too much, because it makes SCARY noises and freaks me out.

10:25 p.m.- I'm ordering Big Ten Burrito. My dad is getting a biopsy of his lymph nodes tomorrow. Yikes.

11:48 p.m.- I love it when Josh Droog gets drunk and makes facebook groups. The heat in my room is turned the whole way up, and it's still freezing. Dear Hot Russian TA, please answer my questions, or our love affair is off. Love, Sarah. Also-Big Ten Burrito was the best idea I ever had.

Coffee consumed: 1 cup Irish Creme (had to start out slow)
1 cup aforementioned motor oil/crack combo
24 oz. cup homemade Folger's
2 Sugar-free Red Bulls
32 oz. Sparty's coffee.

Soundtrack of madness: Teardrop-Massive Attack
Hi-Speed Soul-Nada Surf
Benoit Dutras- Cirque Du Soleil:Qudiam (written by Brian Eno and David Byrne)
It Hasn't Happened Yet-William Shatner
Quidam-Cirque Du Soleil:Quidam
I Know You Are, But What Am I?-Mogwai
Protection-Massive Attack
Steel Dreams- Cirque Du Soleil: Quidam
Schizophrenia-Dr. Bertram Karon
Bacardi-Nada Surf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Convenience. For the record.

Anonymous said...

Scott beat me to it. I just took a 200-word spelling test in a J-lism class that consisted of all those words you think you know how to spell but really don't -- words like "hemhorrage" and "prerogative."