7.11.06

Oh God. Oh fuck.

I said I didn't care that much about this election-- then the returns started coming in. And here I sit, with 5 tabs open in Firefox (CNN's BlogParty, Cnn.com, Wonkette, The Huffington Post and Blogger) hitting refresh until my fingers bleed.

I guess I lied. My spirit's not broken. Now I remembered why I wanted to report on politics--the orgasmic rush of he-said, she-said, the high of election night. I thought I was off the stuff, but turns out I'm a political junkie for life.


Sidebar: Excellent work CNN. So many infographics, continuing to run the returns through commercial breaks, having an options where I can customize the races I want to watch on your homepage. ALSO- as of 8:58 things look good!

1:17 AM update- No more Santorum. Democratic house (and at least a much closer Senate). Female speaker of the house. Hopefully, chaos on Capitol Hill and Democrats taking on the state of things in manner that shows they have something resembling fortitude.

No comments: